I can't believe Daddy and I leave in 6 days to come and see you! I'm starting to get really emotional as I think about that first visit. When our eyes meet for the first time. I sure hope I can keep it together so I don't cry and scare you. Last week I bought some toys and activities to do during our visits with you. I decided to get them out today and let your sisters break them in for you. Its going to be so special to see you play with the very same toys your little sisters played with, half a world away.
The favorite among them both was the little toy phone. As they pushed the buttons I got emotional when I realized what some of the buttons said when you pushed them. "Let's call mommy", "Let's call daddy", "Cool, grandpa", "It's mommy, I love you", "Let's call grandma/grandpa" These are all things you don't know about yet, but soon, so soon you will know what a mommy and daddy are. You will hear the words "I LOVE YOU" every day. You will have a family of your very own and in six days you will begin to understand what that means.
Last Saturday I ran a marathon and in the last 6 miles I thought about you a lot. They were so difficult and I wanted to stop and walk so badly. I just kept telling myself, just finish this race and then you are on your way to Victoria. Just the thought of you kept me going and I finished running the whole way. The next few months until you are home with us is the last 6 miles in our "marathon to you". I know its going to be so hard to leave you and I wish so badly that we could just bring you home with us this first visit. But inorder to get to the finish line of a 26.2 mile race, you have to make it through miles 20-26. So we will keep running, keep our eye on the finish line on the little girl waiting for us at the end. We love you and are so excited to meet you!
Well my beautiful friends. Almost there. And we are sending you all great love and prayers in abundance as you make your way to your daughter. We are so excited and cannot wait to see what God has in store for you all!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's so soon! How exciting for you! I can't wait to see pictures/videos of your trip! Have fun and be safe! Also, kudos for running the marathon, I can barely run 3 1/2 miles, haha! We need to get together again sometime after you get back from meeting Miss Victoria! Maybe we can use our pass of passes and meet up at Seven Peaks?
ReplyDelete